Saturday, June 2, 2007

Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume Two

The new trailer for the CG Clone Wars series reminded me I hadn't finished watching the animated version. While I like volume one, my main complaint was the lack of story - considering each segment was only four minutes long, it was understandable, but disappointing nonetheless.

Volume two remedies this point. A lot more dialogue and interaction is mixed in with the action sequences, which are a lot of fun to watch.

I think mileage might vary on the Clone Wars series depending largely on whether you dig Genndy Tartakovsky's style. Personally, I love his super clean lines and character designs. Again, all the battles are very fluid and very exciting. The few humorous moments also surpass any attempt George Lucas has made to be funny in his latest trilogy.

Finally, though the characters aren't played by their respective live action actors, there's nothing to fear on that count. All the voice actors do a great job sounding the part. Anthony Daniels plays C-3PO, however. I suspect he's not very busy.

I think Clone Wars is a great example of someone other than George Lucas taking Star Wars and doing something really cool with it, giving me a lot of hope for the TV show, which (hopefully) Lucas won't write all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment