Sunday, September 9, 2007

Recent Entertainments I Have Digested

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6:
After a "meh" standalone issue, Buffy's back in fine form courtesy of Brian K. Vaughn, the first writer to take the reins from Whedon. Apparently Vaughn is a huge Buffy fan and it shows. He nails all the characters, especially Faith, who's looking smokin' hot courtesy of Georges Jeanty. This may be his best issue so far, or maybe I've just missed him after Paul Lee's cameo entry, which featured the most bizarre rendering of Ms. Gellar outside of fanart ever. Actually, this may be the best issue yet.

3:10 to Yuma:
Solid! Christian Bale is becoming one of my favorite actors. Crowe is also excellent. Alan Tudyk of Firefly makes an appearance, so if you're into that... he's there. Some events near the end stretch plausibility, but that's okay. Were I to rate this film in a kind of four-star system, I would give it three.

No comments:

Post a Comment