Do you recognize this intense looking Scottish man? I hope so, because for the last few years, he's had a supporting role in every movie made. Consider his scenery chewing goodness in the Bourne films, his near-cameo in The Ring, his run as some villian-type in X-men 2, his portrayal of real life script guru Robert McKee in Adaptation with the line everyone quotes, or Agamemnon in Troy. Right. I saw Troy. Honestly, though, he's a fine actor and I'd cast him any day of the week. Here's an interesting fact culled from the eye em dee bee: Brian Cox, of course, was the original Hannibal Lecter in Michael Mann's awesome Manhunter. While Cox was playing Lecter, the future Lecter, one Tony Hopkins was playing Lear onstage. Then, when Hopkins had his turn as Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, Cox was playing Lear onstage! Wow!
Friday, August 5, 2005
Cox gets ahead
Do you recognize this intense looking Scottish man? I hope so, because for the last few years, he's had a supporting role in every movie made. Consider his scenery chewing goodness in the Bourne films, his near-cameo in The Ring, his run as some villian-type in X-men 2, his portrayal of real life script guru Robert McKee in Adaptation with the line everyone quotes, or Agamemnon in Troy. Right. I saw Troy. Honestly, though, he's a fine actor and I'd cast him any day of the week. Here's an interesting fact culled from the eye em dee bee: Brian Cox, of course, was the original Hannibal Lecter in Michael Mann's awesome Manhunter. While Cox was playing Lecter, the future Lecter, one Tony Hopkins was playing Lear onstage. Then, when Hopkins had his turn as Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, Cox was playing Lear onstage! Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment