Sauntered my way into Best Buy and bought the Firefly boxset today after some enthusiastic reviews and online order cancellations. Waiting for stuff in the mail makes me fidgety. So far I've watched the first episode, "Serenity," and really enjoyed it. Have a feeling I might burn through the series this week as I don't have work for a few days. I also purchased the Logitech x-530 5.1 speaker set from newegg after reading a plethora of good reviews and physically giving them the once over at BB. Should deliver a nice dorm-room sized 5.1 experience.Apparently Tom Cruise is insane. Will it effect my War of the Worlds experience? Probably not. Do I fear for Katie Holmes? Not really. She talks out of the side of her mouth in Batman. On the other hand, I watched the Oprah footage the other day, and was kind of underwhelmed. He jumps on the chair a couple times and waves his arms. Krazy with a captial K. It reminds me of all the flack Howard Dean got for his scream: when I finally saw it, I shrugged and said, "he was excited and happy to be addressing a supportive crowd - God forbid that ever happen in politics." In actuality, I probably grunted, but that's what I thought.
Land of the Dead was a letdown, only because the expectations were so high. All the advance reviews were calling it brilliant, only this inferior to Dawn, zombie masterpiece, etc. At 90 minutes, it was painfully short. I love the setup: why can't we explore Fiddler's Green for a spell? Why not explore the give-and-take dynamics of those inside and those outside? Why not give Dennis Hopper a little more space, some room to work, maaan? Shit. Leguizamo and Hopper could have used a few more scenes together: let's not forget their incredible chemistry in Super Mario Bros. Shit.
No comments:
Post a Comment