Not that I'm saying MGS2 is bad. It's a game I quite enjoy and if I drafted up a list of favorite games, it'd probably be there somewhere. In the end, though, I think Snake Eater is the better game. Here's why:Better good guys. This one is kind of a no-brainer, but I'm going to apply some brain to it anyway. Raiden vs. Snake. No contest. Even if he's Naked, not Solid, he's the same thing, basically. Major Zero vs. Colonel Campbell. I missed Campbell originally, but Zero quickly won my heart when he named himself "Major Tom" and professed his love for James Bond movies. Rose vs. Paramedic. Holy shit. Remember when you wanted to kill Mei-ling back in the day, only to want her back more than anything when faced with Rose? Well, that was my experience, anyway. Paramedic is way cooler than both. She's a stylish babe who loves the movies. When you call up to save, you get to hear about cult classics like Godzilla. Tell me you don't prefer that over Chinese proverbs or Rose bitching about your relationship.
Conversely, better bad guys, especially Dead Cell vs. Cobra Unit. If you don't remember Dead Cell (like I didn't), it was comprised of Vamp, Fatman, and Fortune. Some fucking annoying bitches if you ask me. Cobra are the weirdoes who have names like The Fear, The Pain, The Fury, etc. Not only are their names wacky and fun to say, once you kill them, they die quickly without sob stories. Thank god. My favorite is The End, the really old dude who is "the father of modern sniping." He's over 100 years old, and sometimes falls asleep in the middle of battle. Awesome!
More reasons to follow as I play through Snake Eater again.
No comments:
Post a Comment